12 Jan Call for Papers 2020 Special Issue
Profiling emerging research innovations in visual research and pedagogies
Dr Elaine Khoo, University of Waikato, New Zealand
The Video Journal of Education and Pedagogy (VJEP) is seeking articles focused on research and work currently being conducted by new and emerging researchers (Masters or PhD students, post-doctoral researchers and those with Masters or PhDs who have graduated within the last three years). New and emerging researchers play a vital role, not only in moving the field forward but also as scholars who will ensure the sustainability of research in this area.
This Special Issue intends to offer a platform for the dissemination of research that offers insights into innovative designs and cutting-edge topics that will be of value to the scholarly community.
Submissions from new and emerging researchers to the Special Issue are invited on work-in-progress and or research outcomes on topics such as:
- Cross-disciplinary studies using visual research methodologies and methods, and related matters such as data management, ethics, access and security.
- Applications of visual or video methods as a methodology, as a tool for data collection, analysis and representation of findings.
- Explications of particular theoretical approaches that focus on visual and/or video-based pedagogies.
- Applications of visual pedagogies (teaching approaches, methods, techniques using visual modality through photos, videos, virtual or augmented realities, visual representations, etc.) in a range of contexts and for a variety of agendas.
- Detail the potential of emerging visual methods or media in a range of educational contexts.
Articles must adhere to the journal’s author guidelines at:
VJEP privileges submissions with a strong visual/video component. Articles should be no more than 3000 words in length with accompanying relevant video and/or visual material(s) and should be submitted through the journal system. Please indicate you are submitting to the Special Issue when submitting your article.
Note: the APC fee of $700 (USD) per article is covered by institutional membership fees and not required for accepted articles to the Special Issue.
Please note the following dates:
31st March 2020: Full article due to guest editor
1st May 2020: Notifications of acceptance
15th July 2020: Revised articles due
November 2020: Expected publication
For any inquiries, please email the guest editor at email@example.com